Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Hello, nice to meet you, shake my trunk :)

This is Poonsee!
All of you know how much Amy and I love elephants, between the two of us I don't know who loves them more! Ha ha!
 We were leaving from visiting a bible study when we saw a sign that simply had an elephant and an arrow, so what else could we do but follow the arrows to where we met this beautiful girl named Poonsee.  She is so sweet and saw us coming. This is our first meeting, she reached out to us and smelled Amy's hand. Then her Mahot came out to stand by as we gawked at her....

and hugged her.....

and pet her and loved every minute.
She was making these little short bursting trunk noises the whole time we were there (about 15min).

These are the other elephants.  They are all working elephants and I think they were on break because after we had been there a little bit their Mahouts came out, unchained them, climbed up on the elephants backs and off they went. 
This is a funny video of one of the elephants scratching her side on the post. 

We made a RV (return visit) on Poonsee, but this time we brought banana's.
She went threw them way faster than the monkeys did!
We want to make friends with her and plan to return once a week.
I hope we become friends. 


When Amy was feeding her, Poonsee dropped one of the banana's on the sandy ground.  She then picked it up, rolled it in her trunk and asked for more.  So cute.
Once I uploaded this video, I also tried it on youtube and the quality is much better on youtube.  
Here is the link (for those technically challenged, click on the highlighted section below)

From now on I will be linking my video's this way. 
Thanks, 
Love Gina

4 comments:

  1. So Awesome!!! I love the scratching post video. Do you think they'd let you ride Poonsee? That would be the only thing to top this. :) Take a video if you do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will! We want her to love us first :) and we want to ride her not as a tourist but as a true mahout. lol we will see ;)

      Delete
  2. Jack Hannah's animal adventure is about Thailand's elephants today. Makes me think about you guys there. I'm so glad you guys are having such a wonderful time!
    Keegan and I were enjoying your blog, and Keegan decided it looks so fun he said he wants to go to Thailand for service too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww, Thailand would love to have Keegan too!!!
    xoxo
    :)

    ReplyDelete