Monday, November 5, 2012

Ah those wonderful Thai days...
 
Life can be so great here in Thailand. I wanted to share some of the daily highlights as well as some ministry updates. :)
here is my favorite little "superman" My Thai student Pod's little Thik.
Today I had her study. We did the first part of lesson 4. I prepared in Thai Daniel's 69 weeks prophecy! I put a lot of effort into preparing I had to look up thai words for census and historians and in the end she mentioned that she thought I was a very good teacher. That was SOO encouraging to hear especially when I know my Thai is truly pathetic! To see that Jehovah can still help me try to teach is wonderful. But of course Jehovah is our Grand Instructor who has incredible patience! What a privilege to be a fellow worker with him-its amazing.

Yesterday we had hall cleaning and Nong Bo helped me pull weeds :) We had fun! I am enjoying speaking with the Thai kids more. PiShai is a 15 year old boy I have adopted as a little brother. I told some friends last night I always wanted a little brother (when talking about him) but I accidentally said, "I have always wanted a son!" Yipe! Mai OW! That means I don't want!!!
 
So NongBo's dad is Wimon. He is like everyones beloved Thai dad. Here he is explaining to Glen where we will go in the ministry one day. If you look close you can see how amused Glen is that Wimon thinks he can understand :) I think Glen could :)








 If you know me well- you know I am a true believer in telling people what to do. It can be motivating!!! I told 3 people at todays meeting that they need to have a Bible study! They are regular meeting attenders and I want to play with animals along with them in Paradise.
So Wimon told me what to do too and it Really helped. He told me yesterday I need to comment a lot at the Thai meeting (today) and not just sit there! So I don't think of myself as normally just sitting there-however I can make efforts to be less lazy and comment more than 2 or 3 times. So I told the korean boys and they said I had to comment 5 times! So I did! I prepared like 8-9 comments in Thai. I really felt sorry for the brothers and sisters who had to endure my slow reading, but they were so encouraging to me actually. And it seemed to make everyone happy! Now I just need to KEEP working hard. Because you all know I don't love languages and I do like to be lazy.
I was jealous of Br Phil. Look what HE got to do while I was trying to meet my answer quota!
 hahaha :)
 
Bible students are a-plenty here are we can see Jehovah's blessing on the work! Here is an update on some of my studies I spoke of previously:
My sweet Daisey!

Daisey and her cousin ended up moving to Bangkok for work. She moved there the weekend I began going there for the Drama. so I turned her over to Ghada- The Sweetest sister ever! She helped her husband Francios with the drama and was adopted by Daisey straightaway as her "mom". Daisey ended up coming to the place we had drama rehearsals a few times to see me, she is so sweet. She has excellent questions and recognizes the truth very clearly! She attended some meetings while in Bangkok and is now moving to Hong Kong to live and work with her sister. She already told her sister about her studies and she wants a study now too!
Another funny thing- when Daisey and I were studying our 3rd chapter (#1, we did 6,7 first) I asked her if she had heard the name Jehovah before? She said yes, but didnt remember from where. She assumed from JWs in the Philippines. Well one day I showed her My Book of Bible stories because I was telling her about my next students who were little kids. She said, "I have that book! My Grandma gave it to me!" That's when she remembered her grandma told her God's name because She is one of Jehovah's Witnesses. She became one when Daisey was small and but does not live close to the rest of the family. Daisey goes home for a few months first where she said she is a 5 min walk from the Kingdom Hall. She is going to "surprise" the rest of her family by telling them she is studying. I am praying it will be a good surprise for them.





 
This is Na. Before Casey and Stacey left for the Congo they met her in the door to door work and turned her over to me. She wanted to study the Bible right away. She was pregnant when I met her so I brought her My Book of Bible Stories along with that one page article about the parents who read to their baby while still in the womb. She started right away and reads to Alice everyday (Alice is 3 months old now)  It has really helped Na as well. We went over the honesty of Bible writers in Chapter 2 this past week and she mentioned Moses example without even reading the verses first. She got her book and showed me the story about Moses mistake. I was So Proud of her! :)











I seriously have so many more experiences to share!But I must get to bed now. :(
Enjoy for now!



 Much Love from Thailand!-Amy

3 comments:

  1. Daniels Prophecy in Thai? Wow! I have a hard enough time in English! ;)
    Thank you for all your posts: Your efforts and experiences remind me that Jehovah truly blesses & aides those who make themselves available to be used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, Thanks Veronica! The chart helps a lot in the appendix! I must have tried to say the thai word for starting point like 6 times haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite impressive. Love how you apply counsel and suggestions answering! Glad you posted before the family arrived. We know how busy you will be with them.
    I think we would feel more comfortable around the kids, they are not judgmental, yet quite honest!
    Now I have to go review 69 weeks to see if I can explain it, since it's been a while ...
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete