Sunday, November 4, 2012

District Convention Update!
 
Here in Thailand we have our DC late in the year. It was the weekend of October 27-29th
Here are some short highlights and pics:

Liza and I are the last of the original AZ girls if you have not yet heard. Gina and Amanda had to return to work again and hopefully come back next year. Show your support to them if they live in a place near you ;)
Also Liza is no longer in Pattaya as of June she moved about 5 hours away where the need is even greater!! She wants to stay here long term as well, it was wonderful seeing her again at the DC.:)
 
 


Add caption
I attended the Thai session Saturday afternoon and got to sit next to this sweet sister :) She was so excited to hear about the new DVD because she was one of the children who sang for it she just did not know what it was going to be :) 
Here are the other "children" in Thai who were grateful for the new DVD!haha
This is Kyle and Dana. They are special because they have been the only witnesses here in Thailand focusing on the Karin people! They were living in an isolated area near the refugee camps for 9 months. They have to return stateside for health reasons now but want to help form the Karin group back in their state. Hear that Bruce, Ashley, and Judson? ;) There is a vacancy here heehee. Keep up your great work where you are though. The need is greater All Over. :) Its just my continued dream to have my loved ones here with me. My parents will be visiting this month so I'll be working on them as well. One retired American brother said, "Who wouldn't want to move here?! Its like a mouse falling into cream!"
funny analogy but you get it, right? :)
here is their blog:http://kyledana.blogspot.com I love the one "step into our world" Its Beautiful!!! Reminds me of Guyana-those crazy roads *sigh*
 
DRAMA: For the past 3 months every Saturday we traveled to Bangkok to rehearse for the Drama. Glen and Janelle were true stars! They made people laugh, and they made them cry. I was Janelle's dream double- for a whole 18 seconds! Woohoo! :) My hair was too short still so i donned a wig for the occasion, under my fashionable nylon bun cap.


 Here are Br and S Krit. They are Bethelites and played Janelles parents. I LOVE them! They are in Thai Sign Lang and Br Krit watches cartoons for his homework and you can  tell with his SL!

 Here is Nancy- she styled her hair special for the scene when Janelle brushes her "lovely" hair. Looks lovely, huh? Her and Rickmen are awesome as well. They only married one another about 12 years ago. Prior to that they were both special pioneers in different parts of the world.  

 Here are Rickmen and Kyle being "old".


 Igor being silly

The dream doubles :) Can you tell whose good and whose bad?

Svetlana as Megan.

Me as Janelle and Janelle as Liz.

Glen reveled in playing the nerd haha :)
Nathan and Tiani (Megan and Zack) and our most beloved Francios- who directed.







And last here is a clip of the googley eye scene haha. Enjoy!!!
_
amieee

3 comments:

  1. So neat;) Although, I was sad to hear you were a "double" haha;)
    Kevin & Ellen Birkencamp have started/joined a Karin group here in Az. They've only been at it a couple months but there is much interest among the many refugees here too! Jehovah is certainly speeding things up, everywhere & in every language as you said. So exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I love hearing the updates about the Karin field! Why were you sad I was double? I was relieved! lol I also had the soliliquy on friday as the 16 yr old girl flirtatiously texting. THAT was embarassing! Glen and Janelle said it was wierd seeing me like that, they said they kept expecting me to say, "he is calling me beautiful!? Stupid idiot!" Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. A "double" as in living a "Double life-style." Which of course I know is not the case. (That phrase really hasn't been used since we were kids. Guess I'm showing my age! Yikes!)

    Really cool about the soliloquy. I would have expected something like that too! Love hearing from ya. Have fun when your mama comes. I miss her already!

    ReplyDelete