Monday, March 26, 2012

Koh Lan part 2

Hello, I realize Amy posted some pictures already of our trip to Koh Lan island, but there are a few more fun pictures and a few videos I would like to add.
On the ferry boat on our way to Koh Lan.
Our transportation that morning to the ferry boat, I was also driving a motorbike, we were our own motorbike gang!
Who is that weirdo!?! Ha ha! I'm glad I brought my snorkel gear, it came in very handy.

I'm also glad I brought my underwater camera! Who could resist this fun-ness.


These are the jellyfish that live in the waters surrounding Pattaya.  They swim in large packs and are harmless.  The first time we encountered them, we kept feeling jelly substance between our fingers and hitting our legs and feet.  Then Amy began screaming until the sister we were with told us they were harmless and picked one up and showed us.  Then we began throwing them at each other! Ha ha-who knew you could have a jellyfish fight.

Sea urchin, I think.  It had a really pretty blue center piece that looked like a flower.

This is a link to a video of the sea urchin.

Some more underwater life, a sea cucumber.  Gowoon and Eunjin saw this and said "yummy"!

Amy swimming and looking at the wild life.

There was a really cool trail off to the left of our beach chairs, so we decided to check it out. 

This was looking back at our chairs from the trail.  If you squint really hard you can see our chairs to the left of the first tree after the colorful shed thing. 



Gowoon happy and content with the fun day we had.  We were actually sitting on the beach playing a card game thinking we had 30min left, then a Thai man came buy and told us the last boat was leaving in 10min! We pack really fast and ran, ha ha, we made it.  Good thing or we would have had to stay overnight in paradise.....wait, maybe we should've missed the boat.  :)

Beautiful sunset in B&W on the ferry boat ride home.

Color version. 

t
Perfect ending to a great day, really good cheap seafood Thai style. 
Just to make you laugh, watch this crazy video. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, amy, you must be eating the food that makes you BIG & STRONG :) re: the video/dance
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete