I really love it here, and I already had a terrible dream where I awoke in my bed at home in Phoenix. I was so sad that I was home already! Thailand feels like home to me. It seems strange to say, but I really feel it. The congregation is so loving, helpful, hospitable, fun, motivated, and warm. It is hard to communicate with the Thai friends, but their love is clearly shown.
Every sunday after the morning meeting, everyone brings a dish and we have a potluck of the best food ever! If we need something, there is always someone there to help, you need a meal? Here you go. You need a motorbike? Here, I can help you find one. You need help with your Thai homework? I can help! ect. ect. The service groups are wonderful. About a week ago on wednesday we had 47 out in the ministry! We went to a territory that hadn't been worked in over 10 years! The pictures on this page are from that day.
And the service?!? AMAZING. I have started 3 studies already and have so many RVs that I am starting to have to be selective to who I go back to and prioritize my time. Every door where someone is home you are greeted with a warm smile and kind responses. Most people have never heard of Jehovah, or even seen a bible, but they are all yearning for answers, hope, and good news. So it is so easy to talk about Jehovah and show them the wonderful promises from the bible. It is common to spend 45 min-1 hour at a door and walk away amazed. You know when you see those demonstrations or talks in the KH when the householder says all the things you wished they really would say? That's what it seems like, the perfect householder.
And there are so many to talk. With the ratio of publisher to population so large it reminds me of Gideon and his army facing the Mideanites, but not so drastic a number. Just as Gideon and his men were able to accomplish this great victory for Jehovah, we too rely upon his direction and holy spirit to find humble hearted interested people. Finding an interested one here amongst the tens of thousands is one of the many proofs to me that we truly are Jehovah's people and he with Jesus is directing this amazing work! How awesome that we get to be a part of it!
I realize this letter sounds too good to be true, and maybe in the second month of my assignment I am still in the honeymoon phase, but I honestly don't have enough complaints to rub together, plus there's elephants!!
I feel I could go on for a while, but it would be too long, so sadly I say goodbye, and enjoy the pictures.
 |
| The Brothers organizing us into groups in the territory. |
 |
| We stopped for break at this little shop/restaurant. |
 |
| Would you like some "doodoo" on your food? ha ha |
 |
| Ultimate fast food. Just walk that baby on over! |
We found Ice Cream! It was really hot so we did double breaks, and the guy who had the ice cream cart that day made bank!
 |
| After we were done with morning service we went to the beach for lunch. |
 |
| Of coarse we couldn't resist getting in. |
 |
| Christina, Anya, Stacey, Gina and Amy. Notice that we are all the same tan color! |
 |
| Our lunch table. |
 |
| From the other end. |
 |
We went for more service in the afternoon and then went for a dip.
It was nice until we realized we were all getting stung by something and we all got out quickly. |
 |
Liza driving home, doesn't she look so cool!
Amy & I got to ride in Anya's car. |
3 Studies already! I love reading YOUR posts! ;) They are so encouraging. If I was there I probably would never want to come back to Phoenix either!
ReplyDelete